- Detail Images
Just because you're going minimalist doesn't mean that you don't want protection.
- Water-resistant softshells repel moisture, so you don't have wet soggy feet at the end of your run
- The 0mm Heel-to-toe offset encourages a more balanced and natural running stride
- Super-lightweight EVA materials provide you with cushioning and support while you run on the road or trail
- Mitten-like toe boxes and soles with built-in flex grooves allow your feet to move more naturally and comfortably in less-than-ideal weather conditions
- Carbon rubber outsoles offer exceptional grip and traction on slippery or sketchy terrain
- Hook-and-loop tabs make it easy to get the Hattori AW on and off of your feet
Share your thoughts
Great shoe, weighs 10 oz for pair
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Size 10,each shoe weighs just over 5 oz. Tight fit. Overall very good shoe for intended purpose.
one of the best minimal shoes
As a person who has worked in a running specialty store and have worn five fingers, pace gloves, and the minimus, I think out of those minimal shoes, this is the one. The biggest reason I ended up with these is because I don't have to try and shove my toes in the toe slots on the five fingers and this has a flexible enough upper it fits a slightly wider foot, all the other shoes were just too narrow. I also love that it is a zero heel drop. In my opinion you go all our nothing if you're trying to take a minimal approach. The only reason this shoe doesn't get 5 stars from me is this shoes still has a curved forefoot that brings your toe off the ground slightly. When running in minimal shoes you need something that shapes the foot, and last time I checked my toes don't curl up off the ground while standing.
For fit I did go up 1/2 size from my normal running shoe size and that gave me about a thumbs width of room at the end of the shoe while standing. So it does run a little small.
As for experience in minimal shoes I have ran this way for the last 3 years and completed trail marathon distances in them.