Take flight on the trails in this lightweight, stable shoe.
- Quick-drying, breathable mesh upper with strategically placed textile panels helps prevent overheating on warm days
- Welded Sensifit harness wraps the foot in a precise and secure fit
- Ortholite sockliner combines a proprietary foam with an EVA heel cup for superior cushioning
- Quicklace system offers easy on-off convenience and a more even, comfortable fit
- Stretch garage on top of tongue tidily stows the lace system, while tongue cover keeps out debris
- Agile Chassis midsole combines extra-rebound cushioning layer with 3D+ Advanced Chassis that assists forefoot propulsion to power you through your stride and delivers joint-saving stability
- Toe bumper protects your toes from trail hazards
- Aggressive Contagrip sole offers secure traction on rough trails
Share your thoughts
I myself have these shoes and love them....
I myself have these shoes and love them. My wife cannot find a shoe out there that she likes, that gives her support and doesn't wear out within a few months. She mostly does a lot of walking, very little off course trails. Is this the right shoe for her? I know it's a trail run shoe, but I have found the comfort and support is excellent, and I'm not sure if I should get these for her.
The only problem I see with your wife getting these trail runners is that the sole is a softer tacky rubber that will wear faster on pavement. If she needs a shoe that will handle more than a couple months of miles while providing a lot of cushion I would honestly see if she is interested in jumping on the Hoka One-One train. These shoes were designed for distance training, especially for people who need a little extra comfort of guidance finding a more natural gate.
If I normally wear an 8.5 in womens, what...
If I normally wear an 8.5 in womens, what size am I ordering?
My wife typically wears a size 8 and ordered her Salomon trail running shoes in a size 8 and they fit great. So stick with what you normally get. If for any reason you have sizing issues Backcountry makes returns quickly and easily.
I found mine are half a size too small. My Speedcross and XA Pros are size 9, but my new XT Wings need an extra half size up...
Salomon XT Wings 3 Trail Running Shoe
These are a comfy shoe but they do run about a half size too big. I went with the Crossmax Guidance for overpronation control and went a half size down from normal in those. If you need pronation control, go with the Guidance instead.