Keep your stride neutral while you train towards marathon mileage.
- Climashield membrane over the front portion of the tongue and shoe provide waterproof protection while the breathable lining keeps your foot cool during mile six and mile twenty-six
- Dual-density EVA in the midsole reduces the constant impact, while an OS Tendon structure ensures your strides don't tweak your legs and back into injury by over pronation
- Mud, slick rock, and fresh snow are no problem thanks to a combination of non-marking Mud & Snow ContaGrip, ContaGrip LT, and ContaGrip HA in the rubber outsole
- A breathable mesh upper and TPU toe cap help you master the trail, even if it's gravel
- Sensifit outer design and stretch air mesh upper use a one-pull Quicklace system to ensure the shoe wraps tightly around your foot and doesn't move throughout your many miles on the trail
- Ortholite footbed cradles your foot with shaped foam and an EVA heel cup for additional impact absorption
Share your thoughts
Good shoe for training
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Good and strong, great shoe for training purposes, seems very durable.
XR Crossmax - Door to Trail
Hi. How does the CS lining on this shoe...
Hi. How does the CS lining on this shoe compare to GTX on other Salomon models?
Climashield is actually not waterproof, whereas GTX is. The benefit of CS is that it is a very light, breathable membrane that still has very water resistant capabilities.
Good shoe, just not for me.
Got these for winter training in the cold and snow, on and off pavement. Unfortunately I had to return them. My foot and stride just never got used to them. The have plenty of cushion on pavement but I felt like they bogged my feet down when my foot would transition from heel strike to toe push. I tried them with insoles for a bit as well, but that only caused leg and knee problems.
I'm still giving them 3 stars because they were a good shoe. Well built, quality materials and construction. Would probably work well for some, just not for me.
One thing to note- these are REALLY warm and not too breathable. I ran in temps between 35 and 50 with lightweight merino socks and and my feet got HOT. I'd stay away unless you get cold feet or need very well insulated shoes and/or you're running in very cold temps/snow.
Ordered from Backcountry because of their stellar return policy. They followed through on the return and I've since ordered 2 other shoes through them. Definitely a loyal customer now!
Awesome shoe!! Have been a long follower and supporter of Salomon. Bought this shoe because I needed something that was good offroad as well as onroad and this show seemed to be what I needed. I am in Afghanistan and knew Salomon shoes would hold up to the environment and where I am has some roads, my trail shoes I brought with me hurt my feet a bit when I ran on the roads. This shoe has been great for on and off road training! Lots of cushion in a light weight shoe, show flexes great with your foot, SUPER comfortable!! 4 months later, over 600 miles on them and they still feel great!