For anywhere you may roam.
- Climashield membrane over the front portion of the tongue and shoe provides water protection, while the breathable lining keeps your foot cool during mile six or twenty-six
- Triple-density EVA in the midsole reduces the constant impact, while an OS Tendon structure keeps your foot from twisting in unhealthy ways
- Mud, slick rock, and fresh snow are no problem thanks to a combination of non-marking Mud & Snow ContaGrip, ContaGrip LT, and ContaGrip HA rubber in the outsole
- A breathable mesh upper and TPU toe cap help you master the trail, even if it's gravel
- Sensifit outer design uses a one-pull Quicklace system to ensure the shoe wraps tightly around your foot and doesn't move throughout your many miles on the trail
- Ortholite footbed cradles your foot with shaped foam and an EVA heel cup for additional impact absorption
Share your thoughts
Make sure to size down by half a size (I went from 7.5 to 7). These shoes are super hot because they are not well-vented so they do cause blisters if you don't wear a good sock, preferably one with a mesh upper and no seams. I did get blisters on the first few runs with these because my feet sweat so much in them. I wish they were more ventilated, but these are the only Salomon's with pronation control. If you have a tendency to overpronate, these will be your best friend. Very stable.
I just received my second pair. My first pair lasted from the end of May to late August and they were the ONLY pair of shoes I took on a month-long tour of Europe. I am a 53 year old runner who overpronates and has notoriously troublesome knees. I use corrective orthotics, but I walked all over Europe in these shoes and found them more comfortable without my orthotics. Last week I put the orthotics in and went for a 6 mile run without knee pain. These shoes do run large and my new pair is half size smaller than the originals. They also tend to retain heat more than some of my other running shoes, but with good socks I've had no blisters. My feet and rickety legs like these shoes.
I really wanted to like these shoes, but the fit was way too roomy for my foot. I have not encountered this problem with any other running shoe. I had the laces tied as snug as possible and I could still slide them off my feet without untying them! Too bad, they looked really cool!
XR Crossmax - Door to Trail
Really good support and look good too. Toe box is roomy so my toes don't feel squished. Fit beautifully and true to size