Long approaches on rough terrain in tough conditions.
You'll get the Salomon Men's X Alp LTR GTX Shoe for hikes, approaches, and technical summits as hard as the Owen Spalding on the Grand Teton, but you'll be surprised at how comfortable the shoe feels for easier hikes, regardless of the weather. Salomon inserted a Gore-Tex Extended Comfort membrane for waterproof, breathable protection, and the split-suede leather upper assures long-lasting durability.
Underfoot, the X Alp LTR GTX features Salomon's 3D Edging Chassis to provide the flexibility and edging required for technical, steep, and rocky terrain. The shoe's Contagrip rubber sole ensures traction on the slippery limestone that makes up the Grand Teton. There's a removable, odor-resistant Ortholite footbed and a cushy midsole with more foam at the heel for added comfort on scree.
- Rugged hiker for long approaches in inclement conditions
- Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex Extended Comfort insert
- Split-suede leather upper assures long-lasting durability
- Ortholite footbed with EVA midsole and heel foam
- Flexible 3D Edging Chassis with Contagrip rubber sole
- Item #SAL00S6