Soar up tough trails to distant peaks, then gracefully glide back down the other side with the help of the Salomon Men's Wings Pro 2 Trail Running Shoe. It features Descent Control, which is a combination of design and material technologies that help improve comfort and performance when you're running downhill.
The Endofit internal fit sleeve hugs your midfoot and improves feedback for a snug, responsive fit that reduces fatigue and friction while enhancing foot feel. Friction-free Quicklaces won't force you to stop mid-way through a run to re-tighten your shoe. The Ortholite sockliner offers breathable cushioning, and the SensiFIT midsole cradles the foot from the midsole to the lace eyelets for the right blend of shock absorption, rebound, and protection. It's finished off with an aggressive Contagrip outsole for sure-footed grip on rugged terrain.
- Mesh upper with synthetic overlays
- Quicklace closure
- Descent Control
- Endofit internal sleeve
- OrthoLite sockliner
- SensiFIT midsole
- Contagrip outsole
- Item #SAL00M5
- Q & A
Great updates, but I'm not in love
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 10.5
I've worn through the XT Wings 1 and 2 and now own a pair of these. There are definitely some great updates since the XT2, but the XT2's seem to fit my feet a little better than this new model.
The great updates are:
- lightweight, low profile tongue with lace garage. The old tongue was pretty bulky and padded, but this one is hardly there mesh. Contours the instep better.
- better traction with an updated design and larger lugs
- same great toe protection and water resistant halfway up the shoe.
- same great stability and a slightly lower 10mm drop. I think the XT2 is 12mm.
What I don't like as much:
- the fit seems more narrow in the forefoot and even a smidge shorter length (by like .5mm)
- the outsole does not flare out under the forefoot and heel as much as it used to, creating a sleeker profile but less contact area
- rocks still get stuck in the tread under the midfoot/heel haha
Overall, I can't wear any other Salomons because I need the stability of the Wings series, and this one is a pretty darn good replacement. I hope to get many more miles out of them!