Ready for anything.
You might be asking what constitutes a 'women's' skate boot? And while we can't speak for everyone, we can say that the Salomon Vitane Carbon Women's Skate Boot features a narrower heel and a higher arch than its male counterpart, the RS Carbon. However, the differences stop there. Not just a shrink-and-pink skate boot, the Vitane plays host to trickle-down technology from Salomon's venerable S-Lab skate series, ultimately striking an equilibrium between comfort and power. To achieve this, the boot uses S-Lab's hallmark comfort traits like the 3D Energyzer cuff, Quicklace lacing system, Sensifit overlap construction, and heat moldable customization.
Together, these engineering features create race-day levels of lateral ankle support, a complete, enveloping interface between the foot and the boot, and a precise fore and aft positioning that reduces leg and foot fatigue. And while these attributes directly equate to comfort, the Vitane's SNS Pilot 2 Carbon Pro outsole and Carbon Skating Plate chassis deliver the speed. This carbon fiber pairing provides one of Salomon's most efficient power transfers, while the Energyzer cuff's spring retention lifts the ski in order to minimize tip drag and to accelerate ski return. And perhaps most surprisingly, at 1100 grams per pair, the Vitane weighs in 100 grams lighter than the S-Lab Vitane.
- SNS Pilot binding compatibility uses two underfoot axes that lock to two pilot axes on the binding. The front axis is positioned 10mm behind the front of the boot. So, with the well-positioned retention points, rigidity is increased, while the natural positioning heightens comfort. For an accurate boot-to-binding pairing, we recommend running the Salomon SNS Pilot Equipe Skate binding
- Seamless upper construction increases water resistance and reduces points of abrasion
- Salomon ratcheting ankle strap provides the ideal level of boot retention
- Thermo-moldable for a customizable volume and fit
- Water-resistant lace cover with diagonal zip keeps your foot warm and protected from the elements
Share your thoughts
Hi, just wondering if you have any of the...
Hi, just wondering if you have any of the womens' Salomon Vitane Skate boots in a size 4.5UK?
Deb, Salomon rep here. If Backcountry is out, you may have to hunt. Salomon is also out for the year in the 4.5UK.
I'm wondering how Salomon boots run size...
I'm wondering how Salomon boots run size wise. I wear a women's size 9 or 9 1/2 so I'm thinking I would need the UK 8. Do you want skate ski boots snug?
Skate boots should be snug and worn with a relatively thin sock. Think about how you would want a running shoe to fit. You might need to size down to the UK7.5. The Salomons tend to run on the big side. I typically wear a US Mens 8.5 or 9.0 and am skiing in the UK7.5