Why pay more?
While the Salomon Vitane 8 Women's Skate Boot features a narrower heel and a higher arch than its male counterpart, the Active 8, it similarly features trickle-down technology from Salomon's venerable S-Lab skate series. And for nearly half of the price, you receive identical comfort features like Salomon's Quicklace lacing system, Sensifit overlap construction, and heat moldable customization. Together, these engineering attributes create crucial levels of lateral ankle support, a complete enveloping interface between the foot and the boot, and a precise fore and aft positioning that reduces leg and foot fatigue.
But, you're probably wondering where the Vitane 8 and Vitane Carbon differ? Well, the Vitane 8 forgoes a predominantly carbon construction for more cost effective materials. However, you'll find that its SNS Pilot 2 Equipe outsole and Skating flex chassis deliver the perfect amount stiffness and efficient power transfer for the Vitane 8's sport classification. Other differences come at the Supportive Energyzer cuff that places an emphasis on stability and forgiveness rather than the stiffness and speed found in the 3D. But, perhaps most surprisingly, at 1100 grams per pair, the Vitane weighs in the same weight as the Vitane Carbon, and 100 grams lighter than the S-Lab Vitane. So, you reap the benefits of comfort without sacrificing much performance.
- SNS Pilot binding compatibility uses two underfoot axes that lock to two pilot axes on the binding. The front axis is positioned 10mm behind the front of the boot. So, with the well-positioned retention points, rigidity is increased, while the natural positioning heightens comfort. For an accurate boot-to-binding pairing, we recommend running the Salomon SNS Pilot Equipe Skate binding
- Salomon Memo ankle strap provides the ideal level of boot retention without the weight of a bulky ratcheting system
- Thermo-moldable for a customizable volume and fit
- Water-resistant lace cover with diagonal zip keeps your foot warm and protected from the elements
- Molded heel counter and adjustable heel strap prevent internal foot slippage for a more direct power transfer
Share your thoughts
Salomon Vitane 8 Skate Boot - Women's
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
Bought these for my wife and she cannot believe how comfortable they are. The SNS binding is a very good system and offers more control than the alternative NNN system.