- Detail Images
Salomon's designers are runners too, so running pieces like the Men's Trail Twinskin Short are rife with clever design touches and features. On the outside, this lightweight short features an understated style. On the inside, the Twinskin features a stretch liner that not only provides support but also moves moisture away from your skin. And where the inner short and the outer short intersect? Salomon's designers cleverly combined the short material to eliminate the opportunity for chafing that could slow you down during a race or training session. You get the performance of a liner short and the style of a trail short without sacrificing for the benefit of either.
- Smart Skin design uses stretch material where you need mobility, mesh where you need ventilation, and standard material where you simply need coverage
- Twinskin construction combines the inner and outer materials at the inner thigh to reduce the opportunity for chafing or discomfort
- Inner tight-short provides support right where you need it
- Drawcord gives you one-pull fit adjustment at the waist
- Single zip pocket holds your keys, ID, or nutrition
- Reflective branding improves your visibility to motorists and in low light
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
These are very cool (temp-wise) shorts. I am going to have to buy two or three more pairs because I am going to wear these out and/or the pair I have is always dirty.
Pocket is big enough for a Samsung Galaxy S5 but I'd say the pocket is at best use with gels.
The combination of the material is great. No loose flailing shorts to ride up. They dry quick while on the move.
Like I said, these are light and cool (temp-wise). They advertise 'light' compression on the inner short. If you are looking for full on compression, fork out the cash for something on the exo line.
seams in all the wrong places
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I was really looking forward to using these for my long runs, where chafing caused by the 'normal' liners in running shorts then to chaff me. The built in tights of the twin skin seemed to me to be a great idea. However, the execution is flawed with large seems where the shorts and tights are sewn together. Especially the rear seam where three seems converge to form a large bump in the sensitive, chaff prone region. So in order to run further than a 3 mile jog I have to wear an additional base layer to avoid chaffing. otherwise the materials and weight of the shorts are great. I hope Salomon can fix their seam woes.
Rear pockets is large enough for keys/card or some cash - unfortunately no large enough for a phone.
Is the pocket big enough to hold an...
Is the pocket big enough to hold an iPhone?
Not, is just enough for couple of gels and maybe an ipod nano