The fastest way to get to the top of the mountain with dry feet.
For year-round fast hiking, the Salomon Women's Synapse CS WP Hiking Shoe with waterproof breathable Climashield is the only way to go. This shoe keeps your foot dry in wet, muddy terrain, it features an aggressive outsole for superior traction on loose surfaces, and its shape was designed to accommodate a woman's thinner, smaller foot. Heavy hiking boots are for backpackers; this is a shoe for ladies who take a more athletic approach to tackling 10,000-foot peaks.
- Climashield waterproof breathable membrane breathes and keeps your foot dry from external moisture and precipitation
- Textile upper is water resistant, highly durable, and has moderate ventilation
- Upper includes heel foam for extra cushioning, a gusseted tongue to keep debris out, and a mud guard
- OS Tendon provides dynamic cushioning that enhances propulsion through the end of the foot strike and allows for natural foot movement from toe to heel
- Seamless construction (2nd Skin) means that the textile upper glides over your foot without chafing
- Ortholite sockliner encourages efficient moisture transport so sweat moves away from the surface of your skin
- SensiFit is Salomon's unique way of shaping the upper to wrap around your foot for a close and responsive fit
- Quicklace lacing cinches down and secures the shoe fit with a simple pull of a drawcord
- Aggressive 10mm heel-to-forefoot drop encourages heel strike and a more dramatic roll through the forefoot
- Rubber toe cap provides protection against rocks, roots, and other trail hazards
- Dynamic Traction sole uses reversed lugs at the toe, staggered lugs underfoot, and dual-depth lugs at the heel for steadfast traction in steep, loose, and muddy terrain
- Contagrip sole is highly durable and designed specifically to provide superior traction on the wide range of trail surfaces encountered during races
Share your thoughts
not disappointed as always
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
Got this one after my second pair of salomon wings GTX retired. I was skeptical to say the least. But this one doesn't disappointed.
Never gave me blister and very comfortable to wear.
It was a little slippery for trail shoes compare to salomon wings but hold up pretty well.
The shape is a little in the round side, sorta made my feet looks swollen but my hubby disagreed ( it probably is just my female eye that view every part of my body looks puffier than what it is)
Let's see how many pair of these one I will buy eh ? just stop discontinuing my fav shoes , salomon! and i will be your loyal customer .
Exactly as expected
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
This is the first pair of hiking shoes I've ever had. I went hiking on the Billy Goat Trail in the C&O Canal with running shoes and my feet were a little sore afterward. But with these Salomon Synapse shoes? My feet were completely fine after a hike. Definitely glad I made this purchase and while it was on sale.
great shoe. truly waterproof!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
I bought these in Canada on sale. I started wearing them at work. I paint helicopters, stand on concrete and can be using water or solvents to rinse parts frequently. I am also over 50. These shoes are comfortable, supportive and keep my feet dry. No hip pain, back pain or achy legs, also I do not feel like I am lugging around cement boots after 10 hours on my feet. Sadly I wish I hadn't worn them to work because they are so wonderful that I want to wear them all the time, but are now spattered with paint and other fun things so not exactly presentable for casual wear. After 6 months of 70 hour work weeks, they are still perfect ( albeit not aesthetically). I wish for another pair of low tops and a pair of mids. I usually wear a US 7 ( Eur 38) but these are US 8 (Eur 40). My super high arches usually cause problems with laces and numb foot syndrome but the quick lace system works superbly , no pressure points and tuck away inside the pocket at the top of the tongue. PERFECT.
The best shoe I've had in years.
comfortable light hiker
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
A great shoe for someone who wants the comfort of a softer shoe but with a hiking tread. No blister out of the box on a 3.5 mile hike in backpacking.