A road-to-trail runner with a minimalist feel, but that doesn't scrimp on protection.
Over the years Salmon's trail running shoes have defined many of the technologies and trends that have become wildly popular among dirt-loving runners. The Women's Sense Mantra Trail Running Shoe is the latest example of this unending dedication to innovation, with features that make it just as comfortable on the road to the trail as it is on the trail. This lightweight trainer features neutral cushioning and built-in forefoot protection takes the bite out of rocks, roots, and debris. Midfoot strikers will fall in love with the low 6mm heel drop, and high mileage runners will appreciate the lightweight materials. Take your training runs beyond the street and you'll be all the more thankful when race day finally rolls into town.
- Racing last means that the fit and shape of this shoe were designed for speed, responsiveness, and agility
- Upper is comprised of a combination of breathable mesh for comfort in hot weather and durable textile that's supportive and lightweight
- External Sensifit structure wraps from the top of the outsole to the top of the instep, locking the foot in place once your laces are tightened
- Endofit is an additional, internal fit sleeve that wraps over your instep and down to your arch, pulling the uppers toward your foot and securing your midfoot for a close and highly responsive fit
- Seamless construction eliminates seam bulges from the upper, internal fit sleeve, and all other parts of the shoe so there's less for your foot to rub and chafe against
- Quicklace lacing system allows you to secure the laces and get a nice, even fit with just a pull of a single cord at the front; lace security tab tucks into a small pocket on top of the tongue so it won't flap around when you're on the move
- Low 6mm heel drop encourages a midfoot-strike style, reducing impact on your joints
- OS Tendon structure is a flexible structure that sits between the midsole and the rubber of the outsole to help the sole adapt to varying surfaces underfoot
- Propriotection Design combines Salomon's OS Tendon structure, a midsole with a low heel drop, and a the Profeel film between the insole and the midsole at the forefoot, to balance support, flexibility, and protection from trail hazards
- A mix of materials, lug shapes, and lug density give the Contagrip sole superior grip on a variety of surfaces
Share your thoughts
I normally wear a 9 1/2 in running shoes,...
I normally wear a 9 1/2 in running shoes, but after using a sizing guide on another site I was told to purchase an 8 1/2 for this shoe. It feels a bit tight on the sides, not in front though. Does this shoe size down a whole size as suggested by the other site? I'm trying to decide whether I should just return or exchange.
Salomon Sense Mantra Trail Running Shoe
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I may or may not have checked the website every day to see if these had come out yet. I've only taken them out for a couple runs but they are by far my favorite trail running shoe I've ever had. The Endofit is like a Snuggie for your foot but even better because it makes the shoe feel so... natural. I'm really impressed by the amazing design and can't wait to wear these suckers out!
Alright, after over 100 miles I am ringing in on these babes again. First and foremost, these are amazing at training your feet. I am used to a larger heel -to-toe drop so transitioning to these really strengthened my feet and have made me a better runner for doing so. The toe box is far wider than my other shoes, so my toes can really fan out and get a good feel and balance. Also, the tread is a lot sturdier than I had expected.