The holy grail of ski quivers.
Your search for the ideal one-ski quiver ends with the Salomon QST Lumen 99 Ski. With a 99mm waist, this all-mountain slayer skis freshies and hardpack with equal prowess. Its All-Terrain Rocker 2.0 profile lives up to its all-terrain status, with camber underfoot that ensures excellent edge grip on firm snow, and a rockered tip that navigates soft stuff with ease.
Salomon's Spaceframe 3.0 AMB construction starts with an inverted 3D wood core that filters vibration and optimizes stability when you're speeding down the mountain. The CFX carbon superfiber laminate and Koroyd honeycomb tip also increases dampening, while the power platform underfoot enhances your edging on hardpack. No matter what you're riding, the ski's sandwich construction ensures the QST maintains a solid and stable feel whether you're laying wide-open turns down steep groomers or straightlining those boring blue runs.
- A ski with true all-mountain versatility
- 99mm waist width carves hardpack and floats boot-top pow
- All-terrain Rocker 2.0 includes an early rise tip to deflect chop
- Camber underfoot ensures edge control on icy terrain
- Inverted 3D wood core filters vibration and optimizes stability
- Power platform enhances hard snow edging
- Shock-resistant Koroyd honeycomb inserts at tip
- CFX carbon superfiber laminate for increased dampening
- Item #SAL00TS
- Q & A
Pow? Trees? Yaaaaas!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I demoed this ski.
I demoed this ski and had to force myself to give it back. This rips in the powder, tight spots, and trees. If that is your jam, this is your ski.
On piste, you will have to get used to it, a bit. It's a little different feel, but with a tiny bit of effort, that edge will set and your golden. I didn't experience any chatter on the hard pack groomers, but maybe didn't get going fast enough?? Not sure.