You'll fall in love at first tour.
Flexible, lightweight, and warm, the Salomon Escape 7 Pilot Ski Boot is the ideal touring partner. And with a high-performance outsole that responds with efficiency and forgiveness, this buddy will make you want to be a better skier. Isn't that romantic?
- Lightweight SNS Pilot Touring Sport outsole gives you supple flex, high performance, and comfortable walkability
- Double-axis design of Pilot boot adds stability for less-experienced skiers
- Thinsulate insulation keeps you warm all day long
- Customfit liner hugs the foot, holds down the heel, and eliminates hot or dead spots
- Velcro-strapped adjustable cuff adds lateral support and secures ankle
- Quicklace with diagonal-zip cover makes for a great fit and swift readiness
- 105mm touring last provides ample, comfortable fit and warmth
- Compatible with SNS Pilot binding
Share your thoughts
Salomon Escape 7 SNS Pilot boot
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
New to cross country skiing, so I am going into detail that some people may know, but I did not. I bought these to fit the Salomon Snowscape skis with SNS bindings I had previously purchased at a garage sale. I learned that if you have Salomon SNS bindings you need SNS (Salomon) boots to match. There are several other types of cross country bindings and the boot type must match the type of bindings. This is an entry level boot but it is good. I am just learning, but the boots are easy to get on, and easy to snap into the bindings. I am not good enough to rate them on performance. So far, I think these are great due to their ease of use.
Will these work with a one pin "old" SNS...
Will these work with a one pin "old" SNS system?
Thanks for reaching out to us!
To answer your question, YES, the new SNS Pilot boots will fit on the single pin SNS Profil bindings with no problem.
However it should be noted that an SNS Profil boot will NOT fit on the new SNS Pilot bindings
Number 1 boot in all of Kazakhstan!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Proper footwear is the key for enjoying any outdoor activities, especially when the temps can plummet below zero!
I used these for a whole season and couldn't believe how comfortable they were. I can't praise the SNS Pilot system enough. The dual-axis boots give you support like you've never even dreamed of.
These boots sport a comfortable 105mm last that will fit wider feet with no problem. And even with this "comfort-in-mind" fit, they still provide a lot of response. Laces on the liner suck your feet down, and your heel back to make sure energy is transferred efficiently, and the velcro on top adds good ankle support.
I wear an 8.5 shoe normally, and felt like the 8.5 boot fit me best, even with a slightly thicker ski sock. I was also sure to throw in my REDhot Superfeet insoles to provide extra arch support and warmth to my toes!
I used these in temps ranging from -20 to 40 and they felt great every time. Who thought walking through snow could ever be so fun?
Salomon Escape 7 SNS Pilot CF Classic
What a boot it!
Used these boots for hours in freezing conditions and my feet stayed warm without any discomfort after trekking.
Are these boots a two pin or or one pin...
Are these boots a two pin or or one pin system?