See what’s out there.
- Gore-Tex waterproof breathable membrane prevents water from rain, snow, mud, and puddles from entering the boot and allows foot sweat to evaporate so your feet stay dry
- Contragrip soles use a strategic blend of lugs and varying rubber densities to give you more grip on a variety of terrain—ContraGrip is also non-marking so it won’t jack your hardwood floors
- Molded EVA midsole and foam heel cup absorb shocks so your foot doesn’t feel sore after a long day on trail
- Protective toe-caps protect your feet from nasty run-ins with rocks, roots, and sticks
- Item #SAL2114
- Q & A
All terrain - and so comfortable!!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I bought these online to wear on my trip to Alaska. I broke them in on a five mile little hike in the Yukon, with no blisters!
I wore them everyday for ten days, up and down Denali, over glaciers, through creeks, and wow, seriously warm, comfy and no wet feet! I never once noticed slipperiness, even on the ice they were pretty sure.The sizing was perfect, and I have quite a high arch. I would HIGHLY recommend these boots!
Great support and water proofing
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
My wife's pair of Vasques were finally wearing down after about 4 years of use and she wanted to try these out as a replacement.
So far she says they're the most comfortable boots she's ever owned. They're lightweight, comfortable, not too sweaty and provide great support. However, my wife seems to be most impressed with the waterproof coating on the outside of the boots!
So far she used these on several hiking trips we've made and even a 10 day stint building homes in Nicaragua.
She's normally a size 8 and the 8's in these fit her great.
Really great boots. However, when ordering on-line care must be taken. Salomon do not use the same conversion scale. Their 7.5 US is 40 European and not 38 European. Turned out to be fine with a thick sock but would've been helpful to know in advance.
best fit for me
Surprised by the last review that gave these two stars. I had a much more expensive pair of Lowa Renegade leather boots that were soft and squishy after only ten days of backpacking, then separated from sole after two month of solid walking with backpack. Bought the Discovery in Scotland and loved the firm fit and comfort. Will be buying another pair for trip this year.
Ehhh. Its a boot
Lets just say this boot will cover your feet while hiking. Not necessarily comfortable and the ContraGrip sole is absolutely lousy at keeping you upright. This boot slips and slides on everything. You might as well have banana peels on your feet if you get them wet. If you're going to walk on dry established trails that might have a puddle or two from last weeks rain, go for it. Otherwise, find another boot.
do you have any hiking boot in womens...
do you have any hiking boot in womens wide
Marie, this boot is not available in the wide width. Depending on your foot I would try the Keen's, they are wider, especially in the toe box area.