- Detail Images
Versatile performance that must be experienced to be believed.
Salomon overhauls the traditional ski shape and delivers its new V-shape in the BBR 8.0 Ski. The BBR 8.0 features a tip that's wider than the tail by at least 32mm, a narrow waist, and a pintail all for solid on-piste performance, great floatation in powder, and easier turn initiation .
- V-shape profile consists of an oversized tip, narrow waist, and semi-twintip tail
- Oversized tip ensures great floatation in powder, crud, and soft snow
- Narrow waist and semi-twintip tail offer solid on-piste carving while reducing unnecessary weight when compared with a normal freeski
- Full wood core from tip to tail supplies solid stability on snow, powerful rebound, maximizes ski-to-snow contact, and filters vibrations for a smooth ride
- PulsePad technology incorporates an elastomer layer all along the edge of the ski to absorb shock and vibration for a smoother ride and softer ski-to-snow contact
- Semi-sandwich construction provides liveliness with increased stability underfoot
- 78mm waist gives you a versatile all-mountain freeride ski for groomers, soft snow, and steep terrain
- Progressive sidecut enables easier turns, gives the ski more rhythm, and allows it to exit turns with ease
Share your thoughts
I am 5'10 136 lbs, and need bindings to...
I am 5'10 136 lbs, and need bindings to go with these skis, can I get any help finding a pair?
Check out the marker griffons, light and powerful. And. You'll want the 90mm brake
Difference bet Solomon bbr 7.9 vs 8.0 vs...
Difference bet Solomon bbr 7.9 vs 8.0 vs 8.9. I wanted size 169 lenght but only the 7.9 and 8.0 comes in tht size. 8.9 is either 166 (?too short) or 176 too long. Which will be best?
As the number gets bigger, so do the dimensions of the ski. Now Salomon says that all of them are "all mountain skis" but obviously the 7.9 is more on-piste than the 8.9. As far as the lengths go sizing down 3cm (which is barely an inch) in the 8.9 shouldn't be a big deal, if you are looking for a pow ski. Otherwise I'd get the size you want in the 8.0
Yes they look weird but are actually pretty fun to ski!!