Fly like an eagle.
Salomon's Active 8 Skate Boots are an ideal choice if you're a dedicated skate skier looking to compete, but want a little comfort to go with your speed. The breathable softshell uppers keep your feet from overheating while providing protection from water in a variety of snow conditions. The 102mm last is just a hair wider than Salomon's S-Lab series to give your feet a little room to swell, move, and flex, while still giving you the precise fit and strong foothold you need to be competitive.
The SNS Pilot 2 Equipe outsole is lightweight, with a supple flex. This, combined with the wider last, makes the Active 8 ideal for long training days at the track. The Supportive Energyzer Cuff provides extra lateral support, while reducing the amount of muscle necessary to return the skis between strides.
- Mid-volume fit lets your foot maintain contact with the boot last to maximize stability and control
- RS10 setback relocates the pivot point 10mm back from the front of the boot for natural kicks and powerful responsiveness
- Butressed wings on either side of the sole plate helps to drive power into the binding guide ridges on top of the ski
- QuickLace systems uses Kevlar laces and one-pull tightening which is covered by a water-resistant zip cover for ultimate security
- Performance-focused Energyzer cuff actively corrects ankle positioning to reduce lower-leg fatigue and increase kick and return efficiency
Share your thoughts
Salomon Active 8 Skate Boot
Is this boot compatable with the Saloman...
Is this boot compatable with the Saloman SNS Profil binding?
Technically, yes. It will fit into an SNS Profil binding. If you are using this boot for classic skiing and not skating, it won't work correctly as it does not flex under the ball of the foot. If you have an older skate ski with a Profil binding, this will work.