A highly insulated ice or mixed climbing boot with a flexible walk mode and a totally rigid climb mode.
- Insulated Plus Fit last yields more interior space to encourage blood flow and includes more insulation for colder climbs; also accommodates wider feet
- Anatomical last features arch support inspired by free climbing shoes along with a climbing toe profile to enable great edging while climbing without crampons
- Switchable Flex System in the midsole features a walk mode in which the sole flexes with your approaching strides as well as a climb mode for a totally rigid sole for vertical ice or mixed climbing
- Incredibly durable, snow-shedding 3mm Perwanger suede upper and 360-degree rubber rand withstand the harsh abuse of alpine ascents and descents
- Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane guarantees a dry foot while you traverse slushy summer snowfields as well as help to expel interior sweat vapors
- Stable Vibram Salewa Pro outsole provides solid, biting lugs for great grip during muddy, snowy approaches, and is fully compatible with auto-locking crampons (sold separately)
- Blister-free 3F System in the upper ensures a perfect fit for heel retention, incredible forward flex for easy strides, and ankle support while traversing steep slopes
- Duratherm XL insulation locks in the heat to keep your toes in action through the frigid, demanding climb
Share your thoughts
Does the Pro Guide Insulated Plus have...
Does the Pro Guide Insulated Plus have more insulation than the Pro Guide Performance Fit, or just a wider toe box?
Wider toe box and overall a more roomy feel. Think normal sizing plus 2-3mm all around. Perfect for getting your standard boot size and being able to wear expedition weight socks.
Concerned about the fit, what guarantee...
Concerned about the fit, what guarantee do I have if the boots don't fit?
Return/exchange them...? Backcountry has an awesome policy to help you out here. Just don't trash them before you figure out they don't fit ;)