- Detail Images
Revolutionary hybrid of approach shoe and trail runner.
- 3F System distributes the lacing power over the whole foot for unmatched heel retention, so you enjoy a friction-free, blister-free precision fit as well as excellent ankle support
- EVA midsole and PU Shock Absorber cushion your foot on descents, and the Multi- Fit Footbed allows you to adjust the volume of the footbed in the shoe for a perfect fit
- All-around aramidic fiber and rubber rand protects the shoe from impact and abrasion and provides grip when you climb
- Climbing-style lacing extends further towards the front to allow you to dial in your fit
- Proprietary Salewa Vibram Approach outsole provides maximum grip and edging on rocks and helps you put on the brakes on steep descents
- Armored mesh protects the shoe against abrasion while enhancing breathability on hot summer hikes
- Women’s-specific last means your foot is not swimming around in a foot designed for a wider man’s foot
Share your thoughts
It could be me...
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I really wanted to love these shoes, but I can't even say that I like them. I ordered a 9.5, and while the length seems appropriate (my toe is just where it should be), they pinch my toes together to the point of severe pain! I loosened the laces, but after a few hours of casual use, they hurt again. I am going to try to return them, or
give them away.
These were 34 or 35% discounted last week....
These were 34 or 35% discounted last week. Can I still get the same offer? Gift for wife for Spring/Summer season.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
bought these for my wife, finally went for a two and a half hour hike up some steep terrain. she brought a pocket full of band-aides, she never used one. she loves them. she normally wears a size seven, with these she had to return and get a six and a half. they fit perfect.
Backcountry: Are these on a 'going out of...
Backcountry: Are these on a 'going out of stock sale' or are you going to get more in later?? Just curious, my wife has fallen in love with the Black/Azalea in size 6. Thanks!
It looks like we will be getting more of the Steel/Smoke color in soon but none of the other colors are currently on order. I don't see a sale on the horizon but with an outside size like a 6 she has better odds than anyone. Those are usually the first to go on sale. I would keep an eye on these if you like that color.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Loving these. I choose these over my hiking boots. Order your true size, not a half size up like athletic shoes.
Salewa Firetail Hiking Shoe - Women's
I realize these shoes are not Gore-tex,...
I realize these shoes are not Gore-tex, but does anyone know how well they repel water? Like splashing from a stream crossing or light rain?
SALEWA FIRETAIL HIKING SHOE WIMEN'S
the best hiking shoe i every had. thanks, Rita
Walking on air
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought these for a trip to Argentina for day hikes and lots of trail walking. I am breaking them in before my trip and have found there isn't much breaking in to do. The first day I wore them I walked home from work....with no socks. Bad idea, i had no skin on my ankles by the time I got home. With socks these shoes are a dream. Uber comfortable, very supportive, stiff for hiking and love the lace design. The laces don't become loose and undone at all.
**I have been wearing these shoes all summer. Ive used them for trail running and for light hiking. they are so comfortable, very stable, and perfectly stiff. when i step into a stream or its misting rain my feet have never gotten wet. i wear them walking to work every day and they feel brand new still. brand new in a good way though. ***Side NOTE-these shoes run small. I am normally a 6.5 in most shoes and i bought these in a 6.5. hiking its ok, but trail running is painful as my toes pinch. I have had these shoes for 2 years and havent thought about exchanging them....but maybe its time for a 7.
**another update. So I got the size 7 as the 6.5 was tad small. But the size 7 were actually too big. I took them on 2 hikes with thick socks and even with thick socks they just felt too long. My ankles slipped out the back and my toes had too much room. I dont know if i should try another 7 or another 6.5 as I love these shoes. Besides my odd sizing issue i truly love these shoes.
You will like
Great trail or walking shoe. It runs 1/2 size large.
I wear 7 1/2 but 7 is great.