Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Spey and Switch Fly Rods we have in stock.View Similar Products
The most lightweight, super-responsive switch rod yet.
Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just can't seem to get your fly where you want it. Instead of cussing at yourself and at the rising monster trout, invest in the new Sage ONE Switch Fly Rod. Thanks to its Konnetic technology, this quick-action rod delivers smooth, flawless casts and helps significantly reduce casting wind resistance and fishing fatigue so you're able to put that sexy fly right where it needs to be for that steelhead. This lightweight, super-responsive baby does wonders to your cast.
- Konnetic technology construction creates a responsive blank with superb torsional stability and minimal vibration for casts that track effortlessly and accurately
- Shaft's enhanced torsional stability also allows the rod to recover super-quick as it moves through the cast, while it optimizes load carry and line speed for long, smooth, flawless casts every time
- Switch rod is designed to huck large streamers and fish for salmon and steelhead
- Fast action allows for highly accurate casting
- Thinner profile and lightweight design reduce casting fatigue and minimize wind resistance for tireless casts
- Sage Super Plus custom cork fore grip and rear grip matches the exact taper of the One rod and provides a snug fit for even greater sensitivity and feel
- Improved aerodynamics and lighter weight ferrules contribute to a livelier blank
- Black primary thread wraps with bronze trim wraps, Fuji ceramic stripper guides, and hard-chromed snake guides round out the high-quality components
- Round tip eye never pinches or binds the line, allows the caster to make mends, and casts in any direction with full control
- Black powder-coated aluminum rod tube features a Sage medallion
- Item #SAG0044
- Q & A
Great Rod for trout and summer steel
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I put the Sage 4200 7/8 reel and lined this 4 wt with the OPST Commando 250gr. Skagit head and Lazor running line finishing out with Polyleader Trout tips. This rod cast's nice but it was a little hard to get used to as I had to slow my cast way down to keep from ripping the anchor. You can 2 hand cast line anywhere you want with no effort. I think this rod can even use a little heaver head. The 4wt Rod with 4200 7/8 has a nice balance with it being slightly heavy in the butt.
Perfect, if you know how to cast it.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This was recommended as one of the easiest switch rods to learn on. We got the 4wt, for catching big trout at long distances on the snake river. My husband and I are still learning, but when he gets his cast right, he says it's great. I still haven't hit the sweet spot, but I have only tired it a few times and he is a far more experienced fisher than I.