- Detail Images
An advanced slow-action fly rod that honors your slower, more deliberate casting style.
A game-changer in slow-action dry fly fishing, the Sage Circa 4-Piece Fly Rod delivers crisp and precise loading and unloading for a smooth, slower tempo, unmatched accuracy, and delicate presentations. Designed with Konnetic technology, the Circa helps you improve as an angler so you can put a fly on the water the right way, right where you want it to fool wary fish and have a good time doing so.
- Slow-action fly rod has a radically narrow taper throughout the length of the rod, which results in consistently slow yet responsive action from butt to tip
- Konnetic construction compacts and aligns more carbon fibers into a smaller diameter blank which provides smooth, graceful casts that are crisp and purposeful
- Enhanced sensitivity, due to Konnetic technology, gives you the precision and control needed for delicate presentations
- Low-profile ferrules, thanks to the inherent strength of Konnetic technology, allow Sage to reduce the weight of the all-graphite ferrule connections by nearly 70%, while improved aerodynamics plus lighter weight contribute to lighter blanks
- Custom cork handle features a snub-nose, half-wells grip that matches the exact taper of the Circa rod, providing a snug fit that helps communicate casting feedback for utmost accuracy
- Vera wood insert with black aluminum reel seat and winding check pattern create an ideal combination
- Round tip eye never pinches or binds the line, which allows you to make mends and cast in any direction with full control
- Green tea color is accented by olive primary thread wraps with slate-colored trim wraps for an elegant and inviting finish
- Slim-profile rod tube and a unique rod bag protect your rod when not in use
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is by far my favorite rod to use on anything besides big rivers. With a Click reel in a 489 its the perfect combo for dry's, swinging softies, or even some light nymphing.
A tip from Sage is to up line this one and you can actually use it as a fast action rod. I kinda believe it too. When you really start powering this thing out you can get it to cast a good ways and the action sort of speeds up as you do... Hard to explain, but its nice to fish. Definitely recommend this rod. Its great.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
A slow rod that's perfect for dries! Match it perfectly with a Sage Click and the balance and feel is phenomenal!
I had no idea how nice this rod would be. I look for excuses to use it specifically. Mainly for dries, wet flies, and light nymphing.