- Detail Images
High-sticking never felt so good.
- Medium-fast action and 9-foot, 9-inch length make it ideal for nymph fishing
- Generation 5 technology (use of graphite hoop fibers instead of traditional glass hoop fibers) provides a lighter, more responsive rod
- Unique taper loads lower on the blank to generate open loops, which helps you avoid tangles with multiple fly and indicator rigs
- Stiffer tip section handles heavy payload delivery, but retains the sensitivity needed to detect subtle takes
- Handle A (4-5 weights): Snub-nosed reversed half-wells cork handle has a larger front end that provides better grip for larger hands
- Handle B (6-8 weights): Full wells cork handle with fighting butt provides hand support at the rear and front of the rod, gives you more leverage, and allows you to cast longer and fight larger fish
- Four-five weights have Cocobolo wood reel seat inserts and dark nickel-colored aluminum reel seat components
- Six-eight weights have dark nickel-colored aluminum reel seat
- Gold trim wraps and dark green primary wraps, hard alloy stripper guides, and hard-chromed snake guides round out the high-quality components
- Khaki fabric rod bag with gold silk-screened logo and evergreen-colored powder coated aluminum tube with gold components and gold silk-screened logo protect the 99 during storage or transport
Share your thoughts
This fly rod makes throwing heavy rigs a breeze. Whether you're chucking heavy streamers or nymphing heavy rigs, this rod can handle it. It's extra length is great for extra power has well as reach. The unique taper of this rod really does throw a more open loop so double nymph rigs get tangled less. This rod really performs with roll casts and tension casts.This makes for a great guide rod if you dare putting a Sage in your client's hands.