Notably larger arbor design for faster line retrieval and consistently smooth drag during an epic battle.
The designers at Sage really outdid themselves with the all-new 4600 Series Fly Reel. Thanks to its larger arbor design, this beauty provides faster line retrieval, more consistent drag, maximum line capacity, and reduced line coiling. So the next time you head out to your secret wading spot, reach for this strong, lightweight aerospace-grade aluminum reel instead of the one you used that snapped off your tippet.
- Strong, lightweight aerospace-grade aluminum gives a lifetime of smooth, problem-free performance
- Large-diameter spool and arbor provide faster line retrieval and consistently smooth drag while you wage battle with your hooked trout
- Larger size also adds rigidity and strength for overall performance
- Concave inner line housing supplies greater line and backing capacity
- Sage's SCS Micro Cassette drag design uses a 3:1 drag ratio that offers the same performance as a traditional centered disc drag system but in a smaller, lighter drag package
- Drag system has a numbered, repeatable adjustment knob for consistent operation in all conditions
- Self-lubricating drive gears and sealed carbon fiber drag washers ensure the reel remains unaffected by sand, dunking, or blistering runs over time
- Grooved frame allows you to secure the line when you're not casting
- Broad palming rim for added control
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve (Note: Reel has been set at the factory for left-hand retrieve)
- Includes ballistic cloth and neoprene reel case
- Available Colors: Stealth and Storm
- If you're buying a reel or spool and fly line, we'll be happy to rig it up for you, please give us a call at (855)-712-0513 for details
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This reel is, by far, my favorite of all time. I'm a huge fan of big arbors, which is exactly what this reel provides. Picking up line fast, effectively fighting bigger fish, it's perfect. The first thing I noticed when I got my hands on this thing...it's stupid light. I was absolutely blown away with how light Sage made this reel, while being powerful/durable/beautiful. It's a sexy reel, no question. Great reel for bigger rivers, the Green, Henry's, Madison, Missouri, etc... I honestly don't know how to tell the story of this reel, but think the following summarizes my thoughts...If you're looking for a reel that is light, powerful, and will be forever in your arsenal, this is it.