- Community Images
Balls out backcountry slayer.
Gigantic Alaskan faces. Extremely dangerous ice falls. Near-impossible couloirs. Xavier de le Rue goes balls-out on the most intimidating and remote lines on the planet. The Rossignol XV Magtek Splitboard is his vehicle for not only getting to these locales, but shredding the living crap out of everything in sight, once there. Included with the XV Magtek Splitboard is a Split Kit, which includes everything you need, aside from bindings, to ascend and rip the lines of your dreams.
The XV Magtek Splitboard is shaped as a directional twin, and it features Rossignol's AmpTek All-Mountain camber/rocker combination. This hybrid has 40% of the camber profile between the bindings for enhanced control, stability, and higher levels of edge pressure. The remaining 60% of the board's profile is rocker from the inserts out to the tip and tail. This creates effortless float in the deepest of powder, as well as allowing for smooth landings. Magne-Traction 7M distributes seven deep bumps along the toe and heelside edges. The bumps get larger as you work towards the middle of the board, thus allowing for maximum edge pressure between the feet, with slightly less edge pressure near the tip and tail. The end result of this technology is more turn initiation from underfoot, creating a more stable board that is easily controlled on sketchy snow-surfaces often found when riding backcountry terrain.
The board's flex profile suits Xavier de le Rue's aggressive style, as the super-stiff nose drives through variable snow conditions and keeps the board afloat through deep powder. The tail is softer in flex, allowing for a playful feel and extreme maneuverability when carving through tight obstacles. Inside the guts of this stick, you'll find Continuous Basalt Fiber (CBF2), which delivers smooth edge-to-edge response and increased power ideal for hauling down huge lines.
All necessary equipment for mounting traditional snowboard bindings or split board bindings is included. This Split Kit features the following: Voile hooks and locks, Voile universal splitboard interface, Voile splitboard crampons, Voile splitboard climbing skins, and telescopic poles.
- Directional twin shape
- AmpTek All-Mountain: camber/rocker hybrid
- Reverse Super-Directional flex: stiffest under front foot, medium stiff rear
- THC2 CBF2 core: contains Continuous Basalt Fiber
- Magne-Traction 7M
- Sintered 7500 base
- Split Kit with Voile equipment and telescopic poles
Share your thoughts
Rossignol XV Magtek Splitboard + Split
Dust on crusty chute,
Failing at the end..
XV split = no lift ticket
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Thus far this is my favorite board I have ever ridden, solid or split.
I reviewed the XV Magtek solid so this is specific to the splitboard, both ride the same given your bindings suit your riding style.
With a thin stiff rockered nose the board toured very well in light and deep snow without going under. The camber under the inserts gave great down pressure for skin traction.
This board feels very light on your feet compared to other boards and skis I've used even at much shorter lengths.
When putting the board back into ride mode it fits very tight together, I usually upgrade to karakoram clips for a solid feel, I don't feel I need to do that yet.
the set back inserts have plenty of room to dial in your stance for the deep days or corn harvesting.
If you're an aggressive freerider or do a lot of spring summer touring on firmer snow, this is your splitboard.
It only comes in one size but does still have a light, agile and surfy ride feel. Comparing my split 167cm side by side with the 163cm soild I could tell little difference in the overall feel of the board.