The easy way to get started and progress.
- Four-piece Essence FC rod features graphite blanks for smooth, precise casting and medium-fast action
- Rod's titanium oxide guides are strong and lightweight
- Rod alignment dots make set up and sighting a breeze
- Rod's reel seat made from anodized aluminum for corrosion resistant performance
- Reel's aluminum frame and spool stand up to abuse and deliver lightweight performance
- Conical-friction disc drag system features triple-redundancy radial pawl engagement for seamless transitions between retrieve and drag engagement
- Derlin 500AF and Teflon drag materials are durable, heat-resistant, and self-lubricating for years of maintenance-free resistance
- Drag knob is always easy to turn regardless of how much drag has been applied
- Oil-impregnated bronze bushings, stainless steel spindle, and quick-release spool mechanism round out the internal features
- Reel converts from left- to right-handed operation
- Included rod and reel case provides protection during storage and transport
- Note: flies not included
Share your thoughts
BREEZE TO USE for beginners
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
IVE BEEN USING IT THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. I ENDED UP TAKING A FLY FISHING COURCE WHEN I WAS A KID. IT WAS MY FIRST EXPENSIVE ROD. I REALLY LIKE THE RESPONSIVENESS TO MY CASTS. IT IS A BREEZE TO USE AND SET UP. BUY IT YOU WONT REGRET IT.
First Rod and I love it!!
I just got into fly fishing and this kit was recommend by a few of my friends who have been fishing for a while. I have to say I love it! Got it in and was all ready to go! No hassle of setting anything up. Has a nice feel to it and great quality. I have even had some friends try it out who have been fishing for a while and are planning on buying the pole cause they liked the feel as well. Its been about a week that I have had it and already caught this fattie on it!!!! The tug is the drug!!
Essence FC Fly Rod
Updates have been made since this video, but a good description of the series and where it falls in the Ross lineup.