A reel in a class of its own.
- Large-arbor design increases retrieval speed even when your fish has taken you for a ride
- Delrin 500AF drag material with impregnated Teflon provides a durable, heat-resistant, maintenance free, and self-lubricating resistance
- Disc drag system features redundant engagement for smoother transitions between retrieve and drag engagement
- Sizes 1-3 have a Delrin hub rotating on a stainless steel spindle
- Sizes 4-7 have an oil-impregnated bronze bushing rotating on a stainless steel spindle to ensure smooth performance with fast-running fish
- Sizes 4-7 also have a larger drag knob, handle, spool cap, and stronger drag system for battling bigger fish
- Fully ventilated spool and frame provide balance and weight savings
- Quick-release locking spool with easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion for convenience
- If you're buying a reel or spool and fly line, we'll be happy to rig it up for you, please give us a call at (855)-712-0513 for details
Share your thoughts
I have been using a CLA 1.5 on my 7.5 foot 4/5 weight mid action rod for a few years to make delicate casts on rivers with dense vegitation and could not be happier. With the CLA's smooth drag system I have never been concerned with trying to battle larger trout in Montana and Patagonia on a lightweight rig.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Great reel for spey and switch rod's.
It doesn't get any better for the price
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This reel is everything I was looking for. I didn't want to spend the money for the high end reels so I made the decision to try the Ross. I am glad that I did. The reel compares to much more expensive reels in every way. It's built tough and will be used as my go to reel.
Ross has always made great reels and this is no exception. This is probably the most durable reel out there. And for $175 its lighter than other reels in this category. If you are just starting out or looking for a solid reel for under $200 this is a great way to go.
The Guide Standard
This is the reel I use on all my rods for guiding. From single-handed 6 weights to 8 wt speys this reel kicks serious tail. From size 4 and up you get a bigger drag that is perfect for putting the brakes on hot steelies and salmon. Clients can fill this with gravel and they still work. Drop it on rocks? Who cares? Very light, very dependable, very sensitive, very well worth your cash.