- Detail Images
Big-footed freestyle geometry with mad love for powder.
In its second year, the Rome Mod Rocker Wide Snowboard has already earned the seal of approval of oversized backcountry assassins and big-footed park bosses alike. Like the yeti, a poppy rockered board with a true twin shape like the Mod Rocker was once a mythical beast. Now that it's here, don't be surprised if you see the furry fellow out there on your way to the goods.
- FreePop rocker gets loose on jibs while still crushing huge jumps and floating pow lines with a primarily flat profile that extends 5cm outside the inserts to meet rocker continuing to the ends of the nose and tail
- QuickRip sidecut places extra contact points on the middle of the board to give you reliable traction between your feet
- Double-barrel carbon HotRods place dual carbon and fiberglass hollow rods directly into the core on either side of the centerline to load up pop for ollies without stiffening up the whole torsional flex
- KEVLAR® Impact Plates reinforce the board's most vulnerable area directly under the bindings, greatly reducing compression and stress on your binding's base plate
- SuperlightBiax laminate weighs considerably less than regular biax glass while still delivering a flexible feel with just the right amount of snap
- AirPop Core Matrix is Rome's lightest core because of its articulate lay-up and blends of smooth poplar and five zonal regions of low-density wood; the end result is an overall lively flex with hints of forgiveness throughout
- SinterCarbon base infuses the durable and porous compound with nanoadditives to greatly reduce friction so you can clear the gap and get to the pow first