Strike, set, land, release, and repeat.
- Extreme Slickness coating and Agent X technology conspire to deliver longer casts and repel dirt for a longer life
- SFT tech keeps the tapered tip floating
- DualTone marking system helps you identify the line's loading area
- Front- and back-end welded loops make attaching the line to leader and backing a breeze
- Line weight distributed toward the front of the line to load fast action fly rods
- Versatile taper accommodates all fly sizes
- Note: half size heavier than the AFTMA standard
- If you're buying a reel or spool and fly line, we'll be happy to rig it up for you, please give us a call at (855)-712-0513 for details
Share your thoughts
great for nymphing or big bugs
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This line is a great nymph, streamer, or big dry line due to it being a half weight heavy. It also loads faster action rods great. I like the camo/tan variant.
line'd for success
Spending a lot of money on fly line is always difficult. Why do you need a line costing $75? Don't they all do the same thing? Well, to answer both, the $75 is well worth it and no, all lines don't perform the same. A nice rod/reel combo is great, but is nothing without a line that won't do what you need it to do. When you only have an hour to fish your favorite hole after work you'll be psyched to know that you've got everything you need, including the ever important fly line of champions.
I have this Rio Grand on two reels and I love it! The line seems to work great in all conditions, wind, cold, etc., and is very durable. I would definitely recommend this line. You cannot go wrong with Rio Grand!