- Detail Images
Eighty One isn't just rim depth, it's speed.
If a fast time trial is on your horizon, the Reynolds Eighty One Wheelset should be clamped to your machine. Reynolds build the Eighty One Tubular Wheelset using their patented Swirl Lip Generator (SLG) for optimal aerodynamics and crosswind stability. The SLG employs a 9-millimeter inside rim edge designed to control airflow across the leading edge, effectively making the air 'stick' to the rim. The end result is less drag and increased confidence when negotiating crosswinds—along with a faster time. The Eighty One's also feature Reynolds' CTg brake track built to increase stopping power while improving rim life. Reynolds completes the Eighty One package by using their own, smooth-spinning, aluminum hubs and connects them to the high modulus carbon rims via DT Revolution spokes, effectively making your American-built wheels as technically advanced as your neighbor's fancy European sports car—except a whole lot lighter.
- High-modulus carbon fiber rims feature Reynolds' refined resin system designed to balance speed with stiffness and strength without added weight
- DT Swiss Revolution/ Competition spokes add reliability to the fast package
- Sealed cartridge bearings make servicing the hub simple and worry-free
- Reynolds-specific internal spoke wrench included for easy service
- Reynolds' Cyro Blue brake pads are included to prevent damage to your new wheels