Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other 0-8 weight Fly Rods we have in stock.View Similar Products
Without the right gear, who's going to believe your fish story?
- Fast-action graphite rod is ultra-responsive for pinpoint casting and lightning-quick hook sets
- Four-piece design packs down small for backpacking and easy transport, and alignment dots allow for speedy rod set up
- Half-wells grip (3wt - 6wt models) keeps things light and simple; full-wells models (7wt - 10wt) adds extra versatility
- Durable anodized aluminum and wood reel seat delivers a secure attachment point with a natural feel
- Available in both Handle A (Half Wells) and Handle B (Full Wells)
- Half Wells gives you more leverage, allows you to cast longer, allows you to fight larger fish, and is ideal for those who like support of their thumb
- Full Wells handle provides hand support at the rear and front of the rod, gives you more leverage, and allows you to cast longer and fight larger fish
- Package includes a cloth tube with zippered closure and a black cloth rod bag for storage
- Item #RNG0052
- Q & A
Good action at a great price.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
If you're looking for a fast action rod that doesn't break the bank this is a great place to start. I got the 9' 5wt which is the perfect size for most of the rivers in the Wasatch. It will nymph and throw drys with the best of them. I'm pretty impressed with the quality that Redington built into the rod. I don't have any complaints, if you're looking for your first fly rod or just need a fast action to round out your quiver look no further.
This is a great rod for nymphing. The 5 weight 9'6" rod loads nicely with a bobber and a few split shot. Very light blank at under 4oz. Alignment dots are always nice on any fly rod. Fit and finish is very good as well. This is a fast action rod. Faster than the Sage One but a touch softer than the Method. Redington has a outstanding warranty.
Nice rod for the money
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Really nice rod. Contrary to what some people say, you don't need to spend $1 Billion (with a B) on a fly rod. I stand true to the old saying "It's not the arrow, its the Indian". I use this in a 6 wt as my all around bass/trout rod. If I am feeling frisky, I even take it out for the Steely's. Fast action that is easily castable with good technique. No need to break the bank to get out there and enjoy time on the water. 5 stars for this beauty.
Solid price, better performance
After not knowing a ton about Redington in the fly fishing world, I've had the great opportunity to use quite a few of their rods. This one, the Voyant, is definitely a favorite in the quiver. If you are looking for a rod to fish explicitly with dry flies, this one is hard to beat for the price. Fast action teamed with a very smooth release provides you with at least a chance to be successful...the rest is up to the user. One thing I had trouble with was nymphing with heavier rigs. The fast action on this rod would fire before the rig had a chance to come around. I eventually figured out a solid system, it just took longer.