- Detail Images
Without the right gear, who's going to believe your fish story?
- Fast-action graphite rod is ultra-responsive for pinpoint casting and lightning-quick hook sets
- Four-piece design packs down small for backpacking and easy transport, and alignment dots allow for speedy rod set up
- Half-wells grip (3wt - 6wt models) keeps things light and simple; full-wells models (7wt - 10wt) adds extra versatility
- Durable anodized aluminum and wood reel seat delivers a secure attachment point with a natural feel
- Available in both Handle A (Half Wells) and Handle B (Full Wells)
- Half Wells gives you more leverage, allows you to cast longer, allows you to fight larger fish, and is ideal for those who like support of their thumb
- Full Wells handle provides hand support at the rear and front of the rod, gives you more leverage, and allows you to cast longer and fight larger fish
- Package includes a cloth tube with zippered closure and a black cloth rod bag for storage
Share your thoughts
Solid price, better performance
After not knowing a ton about Redington in the fly fishing world, I've had the great opportunity to use quite a few of their rods. This one, the Voyant, is definitely a favorite in the quiver. If you are looking for a rod to fish explicitly with dry flies, this one is hard to beat for the price. Fast action teamed with a very smooth release provides you with at least a chance to be successful...the rest is up to the user. One thing I had trouble with was nymphing with heavier rigs. The fast action on this rod would fire before the rig had a chance to come around. I eventually figured out a solid system, it just took longer.