- Detail Images
It's quite a catch.
- High-tech Ultra Sonic Welded construction (no sew) and double taped seams throughout ensure your waders stay intact after many uses
- Waterproof nylon 5-layer and 3-layer fabric with an additional DWR-coating seals out the wet and keeps your baselayers super dry
- 5-Layer fabric on lower leg and seat for added durability
- A full center RiRi Storm waterproof zipper provides easy in-and-out when you need to go
- Ergonomic microfleece-lined pockets warm your hands on chilly river days
- Articulated seams provide unrestricted mobility when you're fighting the big one
- A two-inch stretch wading belt with Redington buckle helps keep you balanced
- Gravel guards with custom-molded lace hook and Hemostat clamp d-ring block out pebbles and small rocks
- High-density, ergonomically shaped neoprene booties protect your feet from the wet and cold
- Pockets with water-resistant zippers stash your dry shake and other small essentials
- An included mesh carry bag for convenience
Share your thoughts
do these waders convert to waist high...
do these waders convert to waist high easily
These do not specify that they are convertible into wading pants (they don't have a zipper that will easily convert them). However, you can unzip the front zipper and take off the suspenders, roll the top down and tighten the wading belt if it gets too hot and you don't need full chest waders.
100+ Days: Review
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I have spent 100+ days with this wader and no issues. Outstanding option for a lighter, full featured and zippered wader. The only consideration is to clean and treat the zipper as it can be tough to pull up/down. Use any zipper cleaner from time to time and a waterproof zipper treatment stick (ZipTech for example) and it eases the zipper and increases the life of the zipper. Based on prior reviews, any waterproof zipper (wader, dry bag, etc.) needs to be treated to increase durability and ease of use.
I have used on foot, in a boat and cataraft without any issues around durability. Definitely not as strong as the G4's, but much lighter and a lot less $. Typically, hard on gear and no concerns.
Full bib is key as there is plenty of additional storage if you want to forego a vest/pack. Plenty of room for boxes, tools, etc. Zipper is perfect for dumping heat and access baggage associated with a few beers on the water. Ease getting these on/off is great and the weight helps if trekking in on foot and carrying the waders with you.
Overall, outstanding feature/functionality for the price. Just remember to treat the zipper to avoid it sticking.
Too good to be true
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
Got these for a trip to SW AN. Bragged to patagonia buddies about the price point and all the bells and whistles, especially the zipper. They were great for the first two days. Day three I tried to unzip and the zipper had linked and would not go down fully. Returning this item now!
Redington Sonic-Pro Zip - 100 days
Have put these waders through 100 days of hard use both on foot, drift boat and cataraft (all 4 seasons). After 100+ days, the zipper blew out and Redington replaced with a new set (Redington offers a full year for replacement, no questions) - said it was a fluke in the zipper. Outstanding reliability. Not as thick as a Simms Guide, but much lighter and very comfortable. No issues with taking patches and these have proven tougher than my previous Cloudveils and Patagonia waders. Full bib is key on a boat - two bix box pockets, two hand pockets (easily takes hand warmers), interior pocket and attachment points. Can add a waist pack (Patagonia Stealth) and be set for a full day. The zipper has been outstanding but a few considerations: 1. Use a waterproof zipper treatment as you would for any drybag to aid zipper action; 2. Can make it harder to roll your bib down into the wader for a half-wader option; 3. Prepare for ease of access that will make a day on the water much more convenient (dumps heat really well too). Great shoulder straps and waist belt included. Absolutely no durability concerns and Redington lived up to their warranty and a new set arrived after, roughly, two weeks. Recommend over much higher priced waders and love all the additional features and the lighter weight.
High end, low price
I haven't gotten to use these too much yet but when I've used them I've been nothing but impressed by them. They feel like the highest of high end waders, their fit is perfect and the waterproof zipper design is the best to date when it comes to getting in and out or having a riverside tinkle. They feel durable are quite comfortable and you can't beat the price for that high end of a wader.