- Community Images
A solid reel at a good value.
Redington made the Rise Series Fly Reel with solid construction that doesn't break the bank or cuts corners on design. Redesigned with a larger arbor, the Rise provides quicker line retrieval, consistent drag, and less line coil. Its cork and Teflon drag system also supplies powerful line control that you can count on while its new hole pattern cuts down on weight.
- Fully machined aluminum construction enables the Rise to stand up against accidental drops and scrapes
- Increased arbor design, from mid-sized to large, provides quicker line retrieval, consistent drag, and less line coil
- New hole pattern helps cut down on weight while still offering a well-balanced reel
- Improved frame-to-spool overlap prevents line slippage between spool and frame
- Cork and Teflon drag system supplies powerful line control
- Larger gripping zone on drag knob for comfort and convenience
- Low-profile spool release mechanism offers easy removal
- Includes nylon reel case for protection during transport and storage
- If you're buying a reel or spool and fly line, we'll be happy to rig it up for you, please give us a call at (855)-712-0513 for details
Share your thoughts
Redington Rise Reel
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I gave it three stars for really one reason. Price. It is a good reel, but I think you could do better for the money. There really was not much that stood out with this reel that made me fall in love with it. It is well made, holds up to abuse well, and has a decent drag.....but so do a few other reels that you can pick up for a few bucks cheaper, or spend a few bucks more and get something way better. I love the Redington Drift reel, but could pass on this one. If I am dropping $200 on a reel I am gonna save a little bit and grab an Abel Trout/Creek reel for $60 more....made in America.
Rise reel chasing wild brown trout in PA.
Rise on the Provo
This reel rocks! It's super durable (proven by dropping it, tromping through the woods, dragging over rocks whoops) Its not the lightest on the market, but it makes up for that by being bulletproof and trustworthy. This reel is balanced and reliable and I recommend it to anyone looking for an all around reel. I use this on my Redington Torrent Rod and love my 5weight setup!
great reel without breaking the bank
I have mostly Lamson and Ross reels but I wanted to save a few bucks on a reel and spools for my 6 wt so I gave this a go. I have had it a little under a year and it still works like it did day one. The drag seems to keep the elements and any drag out just fine and the machined aluminum seems just as durable as a higher priced reel. I have taken a few falls and dropped this reel a few times and it still spins perfectly. It is a little heavier than some of the more expensive options, but it actually balances my rod nicely.