Tougher than tough.
There's a myriad of ways to describe the Redwing Men's 6in Roughneck Boot, but tough-as-nails or hard-as-oak will do just fine. Before oversight committees and workplace regulations existed, the original Roughneck was made for men who built and operated oil rigs, ultimately offering them the rugged protection and outstanding traction they needed to get through a rough day at work. Though, it's hard to say that much has changed as the modern Roughneck touts a oil and stain resistant leather along with a triple stitched and Goodyear welt construction—meaning this boot is built to last, much like the original. And to ensure a stable feel underfoot, a steel shank maintains support, while the bump toe provides extra room up front. Not to mention, the Vibram outsole features heavy-duty lugs to assure ample traction when you need it most.
- A tough-as-nails, heritage work boot
- Leather is durable, as well as oil and stain resistant
- Triple stitched and Goodyear welt construction touts longevity
- Nickle eyelets are rust resistant
- Steel shank maintains support
- Bump toe provides extra room for your metatarsals
- Vibram outsole assures ample traction
- Item #HTG000A
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 11.5
These things are awesome. Very sturdy, great looking, extremely comfortable. I've been wearing them often for about a month now in both work and field situations and their amazing in each. These are heavy duty boots, so don't expect something feather light. They are built to last many years and are only looking better with initial wear.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: 9.5
solid well made boot they way they used to. Thick, sturdy, yet supple leather. beautifully finished. No corners cut.