Channel aggression into freestyle precision.
It's no surprise that Nitro riders Eero Ettala and Austin Smith prefer the powerful energy transfer and supportive flex of the Nitro Phantom Men's Snowboard Binding for dismantling terrain parks and dropping steep lines. This aggressive binding knows no limits, allowing you to destroy park features without sacrificing control across steep terrain and deep powder.
The Asymmetric X-Beam highback gives you the instantaneous energy transfer desired by powerful riders, with just enough lateral flex for tweaking out tricks in the park. Smoothing out flat landings, impact-absorbing airbags are strategically placed at the heel and toe. Going one step further for riding comfort, 3-degree canted footbeds naturally align with your riding stance. Canting is a great option for eliminating riding fatigue, as the canting naturally reduces pressure exerted on your knees.
Cable-reinforced strap connectors keep your binding straps and ladders intact, in case you accidentally step on one during entry. Should you manage to break the strap connection, the cable remains intact, allowing you to ride to the base without being stuck atop the mountain. Another innovative feature is the mini disk, which maximizes the true flex of your board without the "dead spot" of traditional binding discs.
- Aggressive freestyle binding for charging the entire mountain
- Mid-stiff flex excels on bigger jumps and natural terrain
- Glass-fiber reinforced baseplate for durability and response
- Asymmetric X-Beam highback maximizes energy transfer
- Canted dual-density EVA footbed with airbag impact damping
- Premium Fit ankle strap with flex window for tweaking tricks
- B.E.S.T. convertible toe strap conforms to your boot's toe box
- Cable-reinforced straps prevent breakage over the season
- Item #NTR008Z
- Q & A
All-Mountain / Freestyle Perfection
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Phantom has been a favorite among snowboarders for years, because of all the customization option you have to make it fit any boot. Eero Ettala has been riding this binding for over 5 years - so that has to mean something.