Stretchy and breathable for the up, snow-proof and tough for the down.
- Lightweight Polartec Neo Shell fabric features a waterproof membrane and a DWR coating to keep out moisture during climbs or ski tours while its softshell-like stretch encourages movement and breathability
- Tall collar and adjustable, helmet-compatible hood shelters you from the dumping snow while skiing and a wired brim prevents flapping in the wind
- Hook-and-loop cuffs and a drawcord hem seal out the wind and blowing snow
- YKK Aquaguard zippers prevent vulnerabilities during wet snow and rain showers
- Front zipper and storm flap provide additional wind protection and optional venting
- Chin guard prevents chafing in the cold, dry air
- Two front core pockets hold essentials and can be accessed while wearing a harness
- Two internal mesh zip pockets hold accessories out of the cold
- Reflective trim provides visibility in fading light or during dawn patrol missions
- Medium cut and women-specific active fit matches your body's shape while permitting other layers
Share your thoughts
Rab does it right
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
purchased this as my overall shell for back county touring and snow kiting. It was replacing my Northface Free thinker that had torn. This jacket is lighter, but has all the features to keep you well covered. the high neck is great in the wind, and the hood large enough to fit over a helmet. I love the blue color-it pops off the white snow, which is handy when you want to make sure your touring partners can find you. Only thing I would ask for is larger zipper pulls for added ease when you have gloves on.
Is this only available for women size 8...
Is this only available for women size 8 and over? Or is the sizing different than the usual US women's sizing system that you find e.g. at the mall?
This sizing is in UK sizes which that size 8 would convert to about a size 4-6 in US sizes.
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
And here's why: Sleeves are long enough that I can raise my arms above my head w/o exposing my wrist. Easy to zip ?zipper doesn?t get stuck on the way up/down. Still fits comfortably with a helmet. Velcro cuffs for easy adjustment. Simple design + no complicated bells and whistles = light jacket with a sleek fit. Soft fleece at chin keeps the face chaffing down. Super breathable = awesome for the uphill sections of backcountry tours!
- Gender: Female
I have taken this puppy in -20 temps with 60+ gust on Mt. Washington during a snow storm and it held up like a gem. Obviously I had some layers on under it, but this definitely is wind and water resistant. Great color and true to size.