Waterproof rain protection that packs up small and weighs a mere 6 ounces.
On summer days in the alpine, blue skies can turn dark and stormy in minutes. Make sure you're prepared for unexpected weather with the Rab Men's Pulse Pull-On Jacket. The Pertex Shield shell fabric shrugs off heavy rains and breathes so you don't end the day feeling clammy and sweat-drenched. Even better, this featherlight shell weighs just six ounces and can be stuffed in its own chest pocket so you'll always have space to bring it along.
- 2.5-layer Pertex Shield shell fabric is waterproof, wind resistant, and breathable
- Fully taped seams keep wet conditions out
- Regular fit allows you to move freely and leaves room for layers
- Fixed hood adjusts for a snug fit and can be rolled away when not in use
- Half-length front zipper provides ventilation when down and extra protection when up
- Aquaguard front zip, internal storm flap, and rain drain boost protection in vulnerable areas
- Elastic cuffs and a drawcord hem keep warmth in and weather out
- Zippered chest pocket keeps valuables safely stowed and close at hand
- Jacket weighs in at just six ounces and can be stuffed in its own chest pocket for compact storage
- Reflective trim increases visibility in low light conditions
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
Just got it today, I got a medium in black. I tried it on and it fits just like they say it does. Having never worn anything made with Pertex Shield+, I didn't know what to expect, but it's surprisingly comfortable! I wore it around the house to test it out and didn't fee clammy or sweaty at all (although I didn't exert myself much). I did a shower test and other than when some came in through the top because I didn't button it, I was completely dry. Looks to be quality materials and construction, I only noticed one tiny place that wasn't seam taped perfectly, but I stayed dry there, regardless.
I'll come and do another review after using it to comment on durability and how well it holds up.