- Polartec Wind Pro stretch fabric with Hardface technology resists the wind and blowing snow to effectively control moisture and temperature
- Lightweight softshell expels excess heat, wicks sweat, and dries quickly when the mountains warm up quickly
- Silicone-coated grip palm and fingers easily clutch your pole during sketchy switchbacks or kick turns
- Slim design works great as a liner and slips into a larger shell glove or mitten
- Lycra wrist keeps out spindrift and a plastic buckle system lets you attach the glove to its mate
- Item #RAB0188
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
Little big for my hands, but that may be more my fault than the gloves. Wish it was a bit tighter on the index and thumb, but otherwise great! Great grip and comfort for winter hikes and biking.
Overall good, but thumb extremely short
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Good lightweight pair of gloves. Grip is unbelievable. Not very warm though, even in milder temps. Seems ok at blocking wind, but not what I expected. The sizing, however, is way off. Maybe I have strangely shaped hands, but the thumb on these gloves was extremely short. You can even see it in the pic. I couldn't even open my hand halfway. Thumb movement is highly restricted. Would be a great pair of lightweight gloves if they would just make the thumb about .5" longer. Had to send them back.
These gloves are perfect. Love the grippy palms and soft interior. Block the wind well. Not best for trying to keep hands warm in very cold temps, but work extremely well for their purpose.
A damn good pair of light gloves
There are lots of good glove liners out there, but many of the warm ones (thicker fleece) are bulky and many of the thin liners don't have enough substance when it counts. On days below 5 degrees, I pair these (thin, warm) with a pair of Kinco gloves (cheap, durable) and find hand-heaven. On skins up when windchill threatens the digits, these do the trick by themselves.
Very nice glove.
So these gloves are really great! I know that people like to write really long reviews on this site, but I like to keep it simple. You could use these gloves anytime that you would traditionally use a fleece glove. The advantage is that they will shed light moisture and have a fantastic grip. I have field tested these gloves and I would suggest them to anyone. They run true to size.