A lightweight, packable insulator that offers cozy warmth.
When cold alpine air begins to get the best of you, zip up the wickedly lightweight Rab Women's Generator Insulated Jacket and keep skiing or climbing. This women-specific jacket features PrimaLoft One insulation for stellar warmth and durable Pertex Quantum 20D ripstop nylon fabric that stands up against constant alpine abuse.
- Tough weather-resistant Pertex Quantum 20D ripstop nylon fabric stands up to abuse while you scramble over jagged rocks, belay your climbing partner, or just chill downtown
- A healthy layer of PrimaLoft One insulation wraps around your body and traps the warm air you naturally produce while you climb, hike, or tour
- Smooth outer fabric means the Generator layers easily beneath your shell
- Women-specific fit offers a flattering look
- Elasticated cuffs, hem drawcord, and high collar help block out the cold and snow and seal in warmth
- One chest pocket and two hand pockets stash your small wallet or cell
- Chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack and makes the Generator super-easy to carry in your backpack
Share your thoughts
Warm and thin!!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
Ok, so I bought this because I like the RAB brand, BUT I have to admit I was a little hesitant. I was concerned about the warmth and possible bulkiness, but both were put to rest when I put the jacket on. First let me say that this jacket is surprisingly warm for the thickness. Seriously, I could easily sleep in it. It's thin and allows for maximum mobility.
Unless it's seriously cold outside, I think this will be great for day treks up the mountain.
I normally wear a large, but purchased this in an XL to give me some layering room. It was the right decision as the XL is roomy enough to allow for either a fleece or hoodie as an underlayer and it's thin enough to allow for a weatherproof shell when needed to fit over it without becoming too bulky or restricting.
It's lightweight ripstop is very durable and the pockets are very roomy.... especially the breast pocket...as this pocket doubles as it's pouch. The whole jacket easily tucks into it and zips up ready to pack away when not in use.
I am in love with this jacket and very happy with my purchase.