Rab Ascent 500 Sleeping Bag: 23 Degree Down
Reliable down bag that can keep you snoring through most nights in the wild.
A break from society keeps a person human, and when night falls on your wilderness campsite, the 23 degree down Rab Ascent 500 Sleeping Bag keeps your body comfortable while your awakened mind dreams to the sounds of the real world. A healthy amount of 650-fill down insulation locks in your body heat during spring and fall backpacking trips, but also works well for milder winter nights in the woods. Surrounded by the durable and lightweight Pertex Microlight fabric, this bag can keep you comfortably snoozing outside for years without depleting your travel budget.
- Rated down to 23F with a EN comfort rating of 34F, this bag is best suited for cool nights in the mountains and most backpacking; effective down to -8F in extreme conditions with lots of supplemental layers
- Hand-filled 650-Fill down insulation provides loft and heat-retention to keep your body heat inside during the colder nights on the mountain or on the trail
- DWR-coated Pertex Microlight fabric helps block out dew, expel condensation, and feels smooth on your skin while still durable
- Internally adjustable hood and draft collar seal you off from exceptionally chilly air without exposing your fingers to the cold
- Left-hand 3/4-length YKK 5 coil zipper reduces weight while allowing easy entry and exit, and anti-snag webbing tape reduces stress on you and your bag
- Roomy, angled footbox and wide mummy shape enhances comfort for sleepers that move a lot during the night
- Proportionally assigned differential cut means you get just the right amount of insulation in the right zones
- Trapezoidal baffle design traps heat efficiently, provides durability, and reduces down migration so the insulation stays close and reduces cold spots
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipper pocket stows your headlamp in case you have to get up at night
- Compression stuff sack packs the bag down to fit easily in your pack while climbing, backpacking, or trekking
- Cotton storage sack provides a place to keep the bag when not in use and help retain the down's loft
Share your thoughts
I bought this for a friend who is just...
I bought this for a friend who is just under 6 foot. Will this be too long?
Not at all. This bag is about 6'3", so he will have just that little bit of extra space for comfort.