Ultralight, reliable protection for the unpredictable vertical world.
When battling a giant rock face for a few days, sleep is mandatory. The Rab Andes South Col II Bivy lets you hunker down for some shut-eye while out on a ledge. Its venting armholes enable comfort once you zip up the center water-resistant zipper, and a weatherproof tie-in hole keeps you anchored if the storm blows in overnight. Weighing in at just over a pound, this bivy provides overnight protection with minimal weight for big-wall climbing or mountaineering.
- Three-layer eVent fabric, fully taped seams, and a tough, waterproof-coated bathtub floor protect you from blowing rain and snow
- Front armholes can be cinched shut to keep out the weather, but provide easy arm mobility when cooking dinner or adjusting gear at night
- 3D Construction provides ample interior space (11.8in height) for you, your layers, and your lofty sleeping bag
- Water-resistant center zip allows easy entry-exit and a wire brim at the head blocks the elements when you open the zipper to expose your face
- Donut tie-in opening keeps out the moisture and keeps you anchored to the wall so you don't get blown off the ledge during the overnight storm
- Included stuff sack protects the bivy sack and shrinks it down to a 11.8 x 4.7in package for easy storage in a pack or haul bag