Next-level comfort for cold weather adventures.
When you're on the move in cold weather, stay warm—but not too warm—in the Rab Men's Alpha Direct Insulated Jacket. Designed to be used as either an outer layer or a mid-layer, it takes advantage of Polartec Alpha Direct technology to keep you warm while offering unmatched breathability, so you stay comfortable through a wide range of temperatures.
Alpha Direct insulation eliminates the need for a liner fabric, so you get more unimpeded airflow (not to mention less weight and bulk) without sacrificing warmth. A water-resistant outer fabric makes short work of light rain and snow, and the slim fit allows you to comfortably wear this jacket underneath a technical shell when the weather is extra rough.
- Built for spring-to-fall active alpine pursuits
- Light, water-resistant shell fabric
- Alpha Direct insulation allows unprecedented breathability
- Under-hood helmet with tricot-lined collar
- Slim fit for comfortable layering
- Stretch fleece cuffs for uninhibited mobility
- Drawcord at hem seals out chilly gusts
- Rab is a British company that specializes in gear for the mountains
- Item #RAB00CB
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XL
Amazing jacket with unbelievable insulation. You can almost see through it, but the Alpha Direct is warm enough, by itself, no base layer, at forty degrees F, on a bicycle to be comfortable. Snug fit so the XL worked better for sleeve length and torso length than the L. The thumb holes, the draw cord, the snug hood all make it a wonderful jacket, but the insulation is the knock out!