Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Whitewater Kayaks we have in stock.View Similar Products
Take the next step toward big drops and committed lines in steep creeks.
Reach for the Pyranha Shiva Kayak when you set out to clean that steep, drop-filled creek you've been eyeballing for the past few summers. Soft stern chines, a rounded hull, and progressive rocker gives this boat a forgiving feel on the water and the capability to turn big drops into buttery-smooth landings. A little less playful than the Nano and a little less precise from bow-to-stern than the Burn, the Shiva shines when it comes to speed and agility in steeps and rock-filled sections of creek. Additional bow and stern volume, while primarily there to help you punch through waves and holes, also helps you resurface quickly and avoid getting pushed around in big water. A high center of volume and low center of gravity allows you to quickly tip the Shiva on edge, lean back, and engage the stern-based steering provided by the stern chine lines and release edge. As always, you get the comfortable, adjustable Connect outfitting and a roomy cockpit that makes entry and exit a snap. Intermediate and advanced paddlers will find this boat a welcome addition to any creek-focused quiver, but aspiring paddlers might look toward a boat like the Nano if they want something with more do-it-all friendliness.
- Stern features a release edge that breakes free easily so you can drive hard when a technical line requires additional speed
- Rounded hull shape is forgiving first and foremost, softening the landings of even the biggest drops
- Smooth stern chine gives you driving force when you need it and eliminates rails that could otherwise trip you up
- Progressive rocker allows you to boof and flair over small or large features
- Additional bow and stern volume keeps your boat high in the water and helps it resurface quickly after a big drop or deep hole
- High center of volume and a low center of gravity gives this boat a quick, crisp roll
- Connect cockpit outfitting includes an adjustable back band, foam foot blocks, and thigh braces
- Ratcheting back band gives your lower back just the right amount of support for explosive movements in the water
- Thigh braces keep you closely connected to your boat so you can pivot, edge, and toss the hull around as needed
- Reinforced grab handles give you a quick, easy way to grab your boat and haul it out of the river or your car
- Recessed drain plug means that you can tip the Nano on end and drain the cockpit fast
- Item #PYR0004
- Q & A
A truly capable creeker
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have paddled Pyranha's Shiva Large for around two years now. I've taken mine to Chile, BC and around the US, so I think its fair to say I have put it the hull through it all. Over that period of time I have noticed a few things about it. One is that the hull is super forgiving, having its displacement profile and rocker has softened more then a few landings that should have hurt. Also with the profile and rocker it makes all kinds of boofs easy to perform. Along with its great design comes speed as well as maneuverability. You normally don't find as good of a balanced combo in creek boats as they're either super maneuverable but not fast or super fast and not so maneuverable. I found for me that the factory seat set yielded a great balance between get up and go and maneuverability. Both of which are crucial when dealing with stouts. My only gripe would be that at my size I feel that I need a bit more volume. The photograph attached I took in the Linville Gorge at Cave Falls on the Linville River of my friend Ethan Cummings in a Small Shiva peeling out into the drop from the epic put-in cave!