No, this jacket is not made with waterproof fabric. Look out for jackets that are constructed with North Face's HyVent materials for waterproof quality.
Here are some examples of waterproof, down-filled North Face jackets, listed below from Backcountry.com's stock. They are a mix of urban-styled jackets as well as ski jackets (which still look ok when you use them as street outerwear). The down-fill specs (amount of insulation) are listed here too so you can gauge the insulation level to compare with the Menlo (at 550-fill down). The ski jackets are a tad warmer at 600-fill down. A last point - the ski jackets are generally shorter length (for movement) compared to the urban styled ones. Check them out to see what you need.
Urban Styled :
- Greenland Down jacket, 550-fill down, $248.95
- Brooklyn Down jacket, 550-fill down, $278.95
- Arctic parka, 550-fill down, $298.95
Ski/Semi-Urban Jackets :
- Furallure jacket, 600-fill down, from $167.37
- Destiny Down jacket, 600-fill down, $198.95
- Amore Down jacket, 600-fill down, $248.95
- Get Down jacket, 600-fill down, $298.95
- Totally Down jacket, 600-fill down, $198.95