These are the best leggings for gym rock climbing/bouldering that I have found to date. I purchased the Wild & Free pattern from Teeki's actual website after looking here on Backcountry.
A few key things:
- They do not have a flat-locked seam on the outside or inside so they don't shred on the wall when you are scrambling up.
- They have a nice high waist that sits tight (which is super hard to find if you have hips and muscular thighs in general). Most other brands of leggings are not suited for climbing, especially if you are bouldering and are doing any sit starts for your routes. These ones absolutely stay put and you don't have to worry about showing anything you didn't mean to.
- They are definitely see through if you get the lighter colors. I solve this by wearing long tank tops and with my harness over them, it is not an issue.
- They are super tough. There have been a few times I have fallen as I reach for a hold on a route and have nailed my knee against the wall. There are never any dents, scratches, or hole in the tights but when I change out of them I often find bloody scrapes and bruises.
- They are the right height for a short lady like myself! I have a hard time finding leggings/tights that are not too long. These ones end comfortably at the ankle with no issues.
I definitely recommend these, especially if you are doing any gym climbing. I'm picking up a few more pairs myself!!