raymonddez100136526 wrote a review of Black Diamond I-Tent Standard: 2-Person 4-Season on October 5, 2012
Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
(Amen to Andy Paul!) As a matter of fact, " Jump in, and you ARE sheltered"- as in a bivy sack. Then, you can take your time installing poles, when the blizzard mellows, or after you take your much-needed nap :) I'm fortunate to have the 2-door version so:
1) It vents well even in the tropics :)
2) Person who tends the stove (practically immobile) can stay warm/comfortable, while tentmate is free to move around assist/help gather clean snow for the cook, enter exist tent without interrupting kitchen work or risk tripping over stove
3) Wide Vestibule roof, so roomy for kitchen duty, can be vented on top to vent stove fumes, yet stove below is protected from wind.
Some improvements could be made on design i.e.,::
1) Loops for guy outs given one twist before sewing on so they open easily and would be glove-friendly. I WILL replace mine with plain loops of cord.
2) I WILL get rid of vestibule buckle (extra weight). If I decide to bring vestibule, I'll tie it on at start of trip. If not, I leave it behind- simple. Tying vestibule on also makes it easy to place it on either door.