I bought these after seeing a friend with them on a previous trip. After comparing them to my Marmot convertible's (Cruz), these are just exceptionally better on all accounts.
- Thicker than your average backpacking pants/shorts
- Better pockets (including a flat spot in each front pocket for the clip on your EDC blade)
- Zippers feel solid and tough
- Waist doesn't closet with a snap, but with a rivet button like jeans
- I wore them for 4 days of hiking in the 80's during the day, and low 30's at night. Never got smelly or looked dirty.
- They just "feel" expensive. What I mean by that is they feel, look and function like they are very high end.
- Waist size feels a bit small, but is accurate for me. I wear a 30x3 in blue jeans, and the same in these.
- Zippers inside the leg are covered over. 0 abrasion over multiple miles.
Looks like I'm officially a Mountain Khaki convert...