jmunroe1585658 wrote a review of Osprey Packs Exos 34 Backpack - 1900-2200cu in on June 21, 2010
I bought the Exos 34 specifically to use in long day hikes, foul weather, remote areas, etc, where you would bring more gear for safety. The capacity is definitely as advertised, and it was very satisfactory on several recent long day hikes and hut trips.
1) A top lid with pockets on top and underneath - (too many day packs lack top pockets, which are super for fragiles like sunglasses, lunch and first aid items)
2) Pack rides away from back mesh, so air actually gets onto your back. Very, very nice.
3) Generous belt pockets so you can actually carry powerbars in them without cramming.
4) Stuff pocket for helmet or rain gear on back of pack, could be slightly more generous, but a super feature.
5) Side mesh pockets which can be used outside or left underneath the compression lacing. Access from top or side is excellent. Could be slightly more bellowed, - when pack is full, hard to cram a water bottle into them.
There's a tiny skinny pocket on the left shoulder strap which is too small for a cell phone - how about just a bit larger, and waterproof? This is an ideal place otherwise for this item. Ipods could go there as is, but would be hard to adjust without pulling them all the way out.
The color is weird. Something calmer would be nice.
This pack fit very well, rode very well, and despite the "busyness" of all the cordage and pockets, they are extremely useful.