Barry E.wrote a review of Black Diamond Agent Avalung Winter Pack - 1098-1220cu in on April 13, 2012
On the plus side, it has the avalung and the probe and shovel pockets. Also, it's the right size for my needs (heli-skiing, some lift-served off-piste) Here are the drawbacks:
1. It's hydration system-READY. I.e., there's no bladder. Maybe I should have known that before I bought, but it was an unpleasant surprise when I got it just a few days before a trip and didn't have the opportunity to find a bladder.
2. The helmet holder thing doesn't really work, and if you can get the thing around a helmet, you lose access to the zippered pockets. Dumb.
3. One of the waist strap buckles fell off on the 3rd day of use. Luckily I found it and tied a knot in the strap to keep it secure.
4. This is purely aesthetic, but it's kinda longish for a small pack. IOW, it has a big footprint on your back even though it's not really that big overall, if that makes sense.
5. Finally, it's not very versatile. I wouldn't use it for anything other than backcountry skiing and it was not very convenient on a flight to a ski trip.