Bill Tarkulich-0wrote a review of POC Receptor Backcountry MIPS Helmet on August 8, 2013
Familiarity: I've used it several times
After a very serious non-ski crash, I was looking for the best alpine skiing protection I could find. One more crash could be my last, but I'm not giving up the sport. I've used it about 10 ski days last season.
* The technology is the most attractive, nobody else has anything like it. Eclipses all my other comments.
*Has a bit more hard shell protection short of a race helmet.
* Warm enough
* good fit
* goggles are compatible. mostly.
Have not tried it on our uber-cold (below 0*F days) yet. I've always used my race helmet on those days. We'll see.
*vents are nearly flush - keeps the snow out of the recessess when I take a dump.
* Goggle clip on back is useless. My gogs don't have rubber on them. So I glued some velcro to the helmet.
* Vent system should be externally adjustable
* Audio system is way too expensive. I'll buy it for half that price.
I'd give it five stars if it fixed the two other cons or gave me a price break on the audio!