Scott Barlowwrote a review of Jones Snowboards Mountain Twin Snowboard - Wide on September 24, 2013
Familiarity: I've used it several times
I switched at the end of the 2013 year from my beginner/intermediate Head board to the Jones Mountain Twin combined with Burton Cartel '13 bindings. Rode 9 of my 49 days this season (2012-13). I'm 6'1" 180 lbs and bought the 161 W.
- Flex: Playful on the whole mountain with stiffness/flex combo to power through crud, and ollie/jump on the naturals or cat tracks. I feel that I can land or power through anything as long as I can get my feet somewhat beneath me.
- Edges: With the flex mentioned above, I don't fall when carving hard through slush (Spring conditions), and the mellow magna-traction holds well on hardpack/icy conditions. On groomers and pow, this board rips.
- Stability: I bought the 161W and while it doesn't look much wider than my old 160, the combined width, length, and the default stance alleviate leg fatigue when riding in the white room (powder). Much more so than my old Head board where I had the bindings moved back, or on groomers, moved neutral. I have to credit the flex here again on the Mountain Twin. It'll flex with the movement of your body. The board also feels great underfoot when bombing groomers (speeds around 65-70mph tested) and floats on the pow. No rattling noticed one bit - this board quietly charges along.
- Fun: This board has made me a better rider, and looks great. It'll allow you to do what you want to and when you want to.
- Playfulness: While it's super fun on all mountain, it's not a board that guarantees pop and you'd take for a full day at the park. It'll help you ride in-n-out, and you'll have fun, but it's meant for riding all conditions all over the mountain and so you'll have more fun with it that way.
- Base - I feel that the base is slightly softer and more prone to scratching (on rocks/roots) than my old board. This isn't a dig on the base, but an observation. When freshly waxed, the Mountain Twin is fast, but I also feel it loses the wax somewhat quickly.